Sunday 23 August 2015

13 000 steps and counting


I think about this blog all the time. I'm quite proud of it. But as you all know, it stresses me out a little as well. I think about readership, how it compares with other teacher blogs, that I haven't posted anything in awhile...then I feel really guilty and inadequate. These thoughts usually haunt me the most on Sundays. Don't ask why. That's just the way it is. I find it hard to register that this blog is really about me. It's about my life as a teacher. It's not a competition with anyone else. But even after 14 years of teaching, it's still difficult not to read a blog and think "Why didn't I think of that?"

The last two weeks have been quite exciting. WBT is working really well in my classroom. The students love it. It was time to introduce the Super Improvers Squad. My team partner FC, thought it would be a good idea to use the ranks of the Australian Army. This is how the board looks like.



And then this book arrived just in time.
 I also joined Twitter in the last two weeks. Thanks to a blog post by Meg from Fourth Grade Studio. Now, that was very exciting.

I tweeted this picture of me using The Reading Strategies book to fill in my conference card. I will probably write a blog post about the card in greater detail in a future post.
And after different attempts at running my Maths Workshop, I decided to go back to the Daily 3.
I know...it's a little late to launch the Daily 3 when we only have about 14 weeks of school left but I figured better late than never. Thankfully, my students got into it almost immediately.

13 000 steps and counting? That's the number of steps I take in a given day now, thanks to my trusty old pal the Fitbit. He keeps me on track making sure I'm not on the couch for too long. You know writing a post isn't as difficult once you get started. See you next time folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment