Monday 1 September 2014

And So...

There has been this immense pressure lately with this blog. It's a pressure that I have placed upon myself. See, this blog came about because I felt I had something to offer. I felt that if I had a blog like everyone else, I would be this teacher that had all these awesome ideas, could make all these awesome resources and be able to do all these awesome things in my classroom that I could share with the rest of this world.

Except...the more blogs I read, the more I felt like I wasn't so awesome. I'm beginning to think I don't have it in me to keep this going. I keep thinking I'm not like these great teachers out there who are really making a difference but ... wait a minute...isn't that my tagline? Making a difference one class at a time. Oh boy...I might have to change that.

I've decided on one thing. Perhaps, I should let this blog be about me as a teacher. Not me in competition with the rest of the teacher bloggers and perhaps, if it was just me blogging about my experiences with my students and what I was doing to change their lives, to inspire them to go forth and achieve their dreams...perhaps, just perhaps...I might actually feel I wasn't so bad after all. (I'm assuming that's what all the other teacher bloggers are doing anyway...) So I'm going to give this another go. And if by chance, you are reading this...please come back. I will have something to offer soon. A comment or two, is always great as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Vanitha. Just post whatever inspires you and don't worry too much about it. You'll find your groove soon:)
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! It takes a while--but just stay true to yourself. That's what this is all about--this is YOUR story...not a test. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete